On3 has UGA's portal haul ranked

772 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Big G
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#5 in the country, I believe, with hopefully at least 1 more to go. Pretty solid.
Chuckwagon
Solid!
Nostradawgus
I'm hoping this ranking is actually more "important" than high school recruiting class rankings now.

It seems that even if you sign them you ain't keeping them, and the immediate free agency ranking is more relevant and timely for the immediate, short term prognosis.

Or I hope for UGA anyway.

Big G
Recruiting is looking up ,Awesome. Hope we still get a very good point guard and a 3 that can score ,And a C who is a good backup or starter
Does of my 3 to round out recruiting. Good job thus far

Monkdawg
Nostradawgus said:

I'm hoping this ranking is actually more "important" than high school recruiting class rankings now.

It seems that even if you sign them you ain't keeping them, and the immediate free agency ranking is more relevant and timely for the immediate, short term prognosis.

In this era of college hoops, the portal rankings ARE more important than HS.
Monkdawg
Big G said:

Recruiting is looking up ,Awesome. Hope we still get a very good point guard and a 3 that can score ,And a C who is a good backup or starter
Does of my 3 to round out recruiting. Good job thus far

I agree that would be optimal, but I think we are only going to use 1 more scholarship.
UgaBoz53
good stuff
ATLSTNMTN53DAWG
Big G
Like the team and the point they are trending for is a good fit. Fingers crossed.
Monkdawg
Nostradawgus said:

Interestingly, if we do sign the Serbian PG, the freshman class will be 1 5 star and 2 4 stars. That would be a very, very solid class any year. That combined with our portal success are good signs of things to come.
Nostradawgus
I think that may be the way you have to get it done under the new NIL/transfer world. Try and get a base of HS kids every year, then portal the hell out of the remaining spots to fill.

And we've got the Wilkins kid already rolling up for 25. Is he a 3, 4, 5 star kind of recruit?

BallDawg
4 star. Solidly though. Playing really well in EYBL however, showing he can do more then just dunk.
Monkdawg
Nostradawgus said:

I think that may be the way you have to get it done under the new NIL/transfer world. Try and get a base of HS kids every year, then portal the hell out of the remaining spots to fill.

And we've got the Wilkins kid already rolling up for 25. Is he a 3, 4, 5 star kind of recruit?

As BallDawg said, Wilkins is a 4 star, but I heard that he has grown to about 6'10" or 6'11". He's got a lot of skill and is really showing out on the circuit. I just want him to put on some muscle. He needs to be taking in some serious calories....

Yes, with this group of returning freshmen, in-coming freshmen and transfers, White has done a great job at class separation.... We are really balanced now.
Big G
AWESOME,GREAT DAY TO BE A DAWG.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.